Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cupcakes For My Cupcake : Making Allergy Friendly Alternatives for Parties and Events

This is the season for baked goodies, parties and lots of entertaining. This past week alone my daughter's class had three birthday "celebrations" and has called on me to provide the cake for the class Christmas party. While I am always excited to do new things, I am slightly apprehensive to meet the demand of a cake with an allergy free conversion big enough to feed 50. To kind of lessen my concern, I decided to "practice" for the cake with one of the celebrations we had this week. Below are the pics; they are apple muffins that I decorated with frosting. All the below are egg free, nut free, dairy free, gluten free, but they do contain soy. The butter alternative I used for the frosting and the muffins makes a soy free alternative - we do not use it because it contains peas. My daughter has a soy sensitivity, but soy lecithin has not caused issues for her. Enjoy the pics; the recipe will be up later this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun doing them. It's the first Buttercream Icing I've done that has been worthy of piping, while still being allergy free. It tastes yummy too, so that is always a great plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look awesome! You are amazing to tackle all that!

    ReplyDelete