Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Try This, Not That : A Cheat Sheet to Alternative Treatments for Allergies

Those that know me, will attest that I am notorious for not liking medicinal treatments. Period. Regardless of the reason, there are few things that I will "accept" a drug for, when I can use an Alternative Treatment instead.
My point is simple: I believe firmly that the less chemical enhanced, chemical based substances we put into our bodies and into the environment in which we live- the healthier we will be in the long run, and the better we will feel at the end of the day. This includes medicines, cosmetics, food, household cleaners, and even the containers we store our foods in.

 That isn't to say I haven't given my daughters more than enough anti-histamines that are over the counter, or prescription based drugs in their short lives. I feel that these medicines are useful, and can certainly help and save lives. I equally feel that there are other options, that if you can catch an allergic reaction in time, can be as effective without the side effects.

Throughout my blogging, I will be doing an assortment of pages that are "Try This Not That" - the goal being to introduce you to alternatives that are not medicine or chemical based. They are sometimes a product you may know well, and that most everyone has heard of. Other times it will be an item that you may not know you can use for allergies, or an alternative that you have never heard of.

 My ultimate goal is to glean from you, as you share your alternatives, and you to have a "tool box" to pull from when searching for the best help for your allergy experience. Feel free to bring your concerns to me, and see if I have an alternative I use. I want to make this part of my blog a discussion section. I hope you enjoy it! I am certainly looking forward to the upcoming posts I'll be writing and sharing!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading this series and getting some great ideas for our lil one!

    ReplyDelete